A 3 burglar proof windows have noise suppression values of 41 dB!! This means a 87.5% noise reduction measured against our standard 32 dB window.
Burglar-Proofing & High Security Windows
The Problem Area of Burglar-Proofing
Your property needs protection. High security windows make break-ins difficult and give peace of mind! Windows are normally the weakest static construction element in a house or business and are therefore the favoured point of entry for burglars and thieves. Modern window technology counteracts these problems and dangers with individual and effective solutions. An investment in high-tech security windows is the most important step in safeguarding your family and property. Find out for yourself.
Our standard A 3 level security glass is tested and certified to DIN specification 52290 and International Patent Classification G 01 N 33/38. Included is a lowE coating with a rating of 1,1N40 with 97% UV-ray reflection. Optional with “Sun-Stop” coating , stopping 73% of the sun rays (silver colour), 61% (neutral colour) and 55% (blue colour).For a sample window of 4′ x3′ add $ 75.00. For tables on different security levels, please visit: Technical Information.
Components which distinguish a security window from a standard window:
– Multi-Chamber frame with steel inlays and A 3 burglar proof security glass
– The technology of the Multi-Chamber System ensures maximum stability
– Minimum 7 internal security locks. Even secured in the vent position (tilt).
– Lockable handle
– Drill protection
– Installed with hardened steel bolts, amount of fasteners calculated per security level.
– Completely foamed in with high grade Polyurethane Foam for added security
– All together a secure envelope, from jamb to jamb.
Specifications for the Security Glass in High Security Windows.
Level A Security
ideal for private homes, businesses, vacation homes and homes on golf courses.
- All of the above described security components for the frame
- Security Glass tested to DIN 52290 A specifications (The window has to withstand the impact of a 9 pound steel ball, dropped on the window from the height of 30 feet!)
Level B Security
ideal for homes of people with a high security risk, computer labs, energy centers, jails, police, detox centers, clinics, art galleries, museums, jewelry stores, banks and any other situation where heightened protection is needed.
- Same frame as Level A
- Security Glass tested to DIN 52290 B specifications (The window has to withstand at least 70 hits of a sharp and machine driven 4,5 pound axe!)
Level C Security
ideal where Bullet Resistant windows are needed
- Din 52290 C tested for caliber from 9mm to .44 magnum.
- Bulletproof levels C 1 through C 3 can only be ordered with steel reinforced aluminum frames.
- All security glass can be ordered with built-in alarm wires
- Table below indicates prices for contractors and builders.
Level A 3 Security Window (Burglar Proof) prices subject to the fluctuation of the euro vs the American dollar
Noise control value 42dB
10mm outer laminated pane – 14mm Argon filled insulation space – 4mm inner lowE coated pane
Multi-point locking mechanism
More information on visit security window testing.
• Security Glazing 10mm-16mm-4mm
• 5 year Warranty
• Insulated to U-value 0.29
• Ready to be installed, pre-drilled and with fasteners
• Argon filled Insulation Space
• Tilt and Turn operation
• LowE Glass 1.1 N44
• Single Window Element
• dB value 0,42
• Built-in Blinds, magnetically driven
• Fixed Fly Screens
• Built-in Rolling Shutters, Vinyl or Aluminum
• Tempered Glass on inside
• Color and Wood Grains to RAL standards
For more detailed information about the different security levels, please go to technical information.
Security doors are in-swing only and come with a lockable inside door handle and are key-only operated from the outside. Optional are two lockable door handles, inside and outside. Maximum size without transom: Height 8’4″ x Width 4’2″. Max. height with transom: 9’3″
Security Sliding Doors
Standard sliding doors are tilt and turn and can only be opened or closed from the inside. Optional they can be ordered with a keyed inside and outside door handle for an additional $ 195.00. Maximum size for a sliding door is: Height 8’2″ x Width 9′ per panel and up to 2 opening panels in combination with one fixed panel. Total possible width with 3 panels is 27 feet.
There is a heavy-duty sliding-only door available to a maximum size of: Height 8’2″ x Width 18,6 ‘ ! The weight of this door (over 1200 pounds with A3 security glass) has to be structurally calculated during the design process.
Security French Doors
Maximum size for French Doors: Height 7’5″ x Width 7’5″.
Removable Fly Screens for Windows and Doors
The two options are a fixed fly screen, mounted with clips onto the frame or the built-in fly screen which is pulled down when needed and rolled up when an unrestricted view is desired.
Steel reinforced Aluminum Frame for bullet resistant Security Levels C1, C2, C3. C 4 and C 5 security levels require steel frames.
Built to: DIN EN ISO 9001
Aluminium: AlMgSi 0,5 F 22